Bonds out for months; vows to just eat worms

From the Strikethree.com Newsroom

SCOTTSDALE, AZ — After undergoing another round of surgery on his ailing knee, Barry Bonds said Tuesday that he’s going to rest and recuperate until at least the middle of this season — perhaps until 2006. Bonds returned to Scottsdale on crutches after the operation on his knee last week in San Francisco.

“Right now I’m just going to try to rehab myself to get back to, I don’t know, hopefully next season, hopefully the middle of the season…Right now I’m just going to take things slow,” Bonds said. “I’m 40 years old.”

Speaking to reporters after meeting with trainer Stan Conte, Bonds sounded dejected after being hammered by the sports media during their coverage of the steroid controversy. “You guys wanted to hurt me bad enough, you finally got me. I’m mentally drained. I’m tired of my kids crying,” Bonds said. “You finally brought me and my family down…so now go pick a different person.” In sworn testimony at the BALCO hearings, Bonds denied knowingly taking steroids.

“You wanted me to jump off a bridge, I finally did,” Bonds added. Well, that would explain the knee…

Published March 22, 2005

Google Custom Search